Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_3_] Tim Wescott[_3_] is offline

Default Touchpads

whit3rd wrote:
On May 2, 9:27 am, steamer wrote:
--Well here I am again using a computer with a huge hole I've worn
in the touchpad.
[treat this by] cutting the cover completely off, then laying down a couple of
strips of electrical tape. Trouble is: the feel is a little different and
not as slippery.

The usual touchpad surface is Mylar (polyester); you can get gummed
Mylar
sheet and Xacto-knife cut patches to the right size and shape. When
it wears, peel it off and put another on.
Your electrical tape (or contact paper) will be a vinyl compound,
with a different feel.

Easiest source is to google for 'polyester label'; that'll find ya
printer-size sheets of material for this purpose.

If you must experiment beyond that (why?) try Small Parts --
http://www.smallparts.com -- they have all sorts of different plastic sheet.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com