Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

On Sat, 01 May 2010 15:58:12 -0400, the infamous Marty
scrawled the following:

I have used Quick CAD (no longer available) for a years but
have started to use Sketchup. I struggled with it for a time, set it
aside, viewed the tutorials, tried it again, set it aside, and
tried it again with the idea I would learn it some how.... Then while
browsing in a book store found Skechup 7 for Dummies ($25). What an eye
opener!!! Much better then what can be found online and really has
helped understanding its use. Very clear and concise with many
illustrations.

Recommended, this time I won't set it aside.

Marty

I'm glad you posted that, Marty. As I scanned the Amazon page for the
Dummies book, I found a copy of _Google Sketchup: The Missing Manual_
for $1.25 and ordered it.

$5.24 total delivered price. 608 minty-fresh pages, 2009 vintage!

--
Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-- Raymond Lindquist