Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Vibratory tumblers

"David Billington" wrote in message

I made a vibratory table for helping place ceramic castables. Same sort of
idea I think as the vibratory tumbler, see
http://www.metal-arts.co.uk/vibrator...ble/index.html . In use when
small amounts of castable are present they often exhibit a tumbling
action, although it is effected by the offset mass placement and speed.
Since taking those pictures I have added a PWM speed controller so have 2
parameters to play with which effect the agitation of the material. I
suspect that for a tumbler the exhaust mounts could be replaced by springs
to reduce the vertical constraint or the exhaust mounts moved inwards to
allow greater pitching of the bowl for more tumbling action. I have a
small propane bottle here that might be worth cutting in half and clamping
on top to try as a tumbler.

Thanks, that is helpful. I am contemplating something along those lines.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC