Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT hand grip differences

On 5/1/2010 4:06 PM, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
"Michael A. writes:

Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

I'm convinced that the biggest variation, with very occasional
exceptions caused by health, a

1) people who don't grasp (ha ha) the concept, and proffer a limp
flipper for the other person to shake.

2) people who understand the goal is a firm but not painful grip, and

3) people who seem to think they are Popeye and the other person's hand
is a can of spinach.

4) The person has a medical condition that has them in pain 24/7.

That's that "very occasional exceptions caused by health" clause.

5) People who offer their hand cupped so you get just the finger tips.
(Maybe just a 'West Coast Thing' for "I didn't want to shake your hand."

Seriously.

--Winston