Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Items a customer should put in a drywall contract

I am going to be getting estimates and then signing a contract to have
3 rooms (game room, bedroom, storage room) in my basement, drywalled,
taped, and textured.

I would like to get some suggestions for "Do's and Don'ts" that I
should specify in my contract to makes sure the contractor does not
implement any "inappropriate" shortcuts that result in a less than
optimum result.

For example:

1. The drywall shall be attached with screws.
2. ...

*I'm not a fan of textured drywall because it is so difficult to match after
a repair has been made.