Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Wasps

In message , Bill
writes

Just above a bedroom window 2 years ago, we could watch wasps flying up
and disappearing into tiny crevices, presumably back to their nest in
some little void there.
They seemed to multiply and we had masses of them as the summer
progressed.
I bought some squirty things and some powder in a tin, but was talked
out of climbing a ladder to them and attempting to blow powder upwards
into crevices while being buzzed by an angry swarm.

We rang the council who said they will die and not return next year so
they would do nothing.
True, they didn't reurn last year, but they have returned this year, so
we are back in the small number stage.

Are there wasp killer sprays with a pipe so that I can poke it
accurately though the entrances? The sprays I can find all have
decoratively shaped tops and no way of poking in even a WD40 pipe.

Lots of people will come up with pills and potions

Others will tell you to hug them and leave them a saucer of milk

The only thing I found that will work well in your instance is to spray
the entrance holes with Nippon powder. They take it into the nest and
within two days you have no more than a couple of lost souls looking for
the nest

--
geoff