Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Counter top

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:35:07 -0600, the infamous "Max"
scrawled the following:

I have to vote (again) for tile. It's easy to install, inexpensive,
(unless
you use some exotic type) durable, and available in many colors or
patterns.
I installed mine over 3/4" (exterior glue) plywood. It is 24 years old
and
I'm replacing it only because I'm doing a whole cabinet replacement job.
If
you don't have a tile saw, you can rent one. Personally, I wouldn't even
consider anything else that's available.

And I wouldn't even consider tile for most uses. It's ice cold on the
hands, so it's uncomfortable to rest against while waiting for the
coffee to get done or the microway to tick off seconds. It also
actively reaches out to each and every glass and brittle plastic item
int he kitchen, vying for little pieces of each to be strewn around
the entire area. It's noisy and it can chip when we set tools on it,
too.

Tile? Solid surface? Pass.

--
Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Hmm. Would a thin layer of foam suffice?

Max (I'd rather break dishes than chip countertops)
ps: what's a "microway"? G