Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default OT - locksets.

On 4/30/2010 5:51 PM, Max wrote:
This is likely not the appropriate NG to be asking but I'm so impressed
with the knowledge here (G) that I thought I'd ask anyway.
I want to replace all the exterior door locksets and deadbolts.
I've read a few "reviews" on some but what say you all?
I don't want to spend a fortune but like most of my purchases, I'll
spend whatever it takes to assure reasonable security. ("bumpproof",
pick resistant, etc)
Any recommendations?

Have you rendered your doors and windows resistant to likely levels of
force? If not then you need to do that before you have to worry about
whether your locks can be picked--most intruders don't pick locks, they
break something.

If you're really concerned about bumping then call a locksmith and have
him rekey your existing locks with bumproof cylinders. It will likely
be cheaper than replacing them all with bumproof locks.