Michael Mcneil

Default Painting walls. Help

"Charles Holder" wrote in message

I am decorating and have a problem with painted walls.

Paint is striping off like wallpaper in some areas .

Problem 1. Must I strip all this paint off or can I just paint over it ?

Problem 2. Where the paint is solid I now have a hard line between the
paint and the plastered wall. Will "Base Coat" hide this line or do I have
to feather it back possibly exposing more loose paint?

There don't seem to be many painters here lately. It would appear that
the walls were not dry when your house was painted. I am presuming it is
a relatively new house or the areas you are talking about were recently
renovated?

In which case you should be alright to repaint it by now if you sand the
steps out. You have to strip all the rotten painting off. If the steps
(presumably in regions where the walls were dry when the cowboys painted
it, doorways, windows etc.) won't sand easily, use filler and then sand
it.

Best I can do you for. Good lick!