Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
RMD[_3_] RMD[_3_] is offline

Default lightweight chainsaw for yard work & Mother's Day

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:23:16 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

My wife has asked for a small chainsaw for Mother's Day (my kinda woman).
She doesn't want a heavy gas-powered saw, just somthing convenient for
cutting branches and small tree limbs in the yard. What would be ideal,
if anyone makes such a thing, is one that's convertible between a regular
saw a pole saw for high branches. Failing that, recommendations in either
category appreciated. Corded is fine, cordless would be even better
(again, if anyone makes one).

Thanks,

Andy Barss

Hi Andy,

I have both petrol and electric chain saws.

I find either type works well cutting anything up to the blade length.

I mostly use the electric saw, since it is quick to set up and there
are no starting problems/stale fuel issues.

In a home setting I doubt you would ever wear out an electric chain
saw. One of mine is over 20 years old and still works well. It has cut
quite a bit of wood over that time.

Ross