Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dead B+S mower engine

The mowers I've serviced. if the valve clearance is too low,
the mower runs 15 minutes, fades out, and died. Restarts
after it's cold. I learned that in a small engine repair
course. One guy a couple streets over was going nuts on a
mower repair, and turned out valve clearance was the
problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote
in message ...

Something I've noticed on engines like yours is the need for
valve
clearance adjustment after the engine has rub for a number
of years.
I've worked on a lot of standby generators and the overhead
valve
engines are easy to adjust the valves on. The valve in head
engines
such as the one I believe you have is a different story. I
had one
that would only run if I preheated it with a propane torch
which
caused the metal to expand enough to let the valves seal.
Here is
a video that explains a lot about dong a valve job on a L
head
engine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yr5a69TxNI

TDD