Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - locksets.

"Max" wrote in
:

This is likely not the appropriate NG to be asking but I'm so
impressed with the knowledge here (G) that I thought I'd ask anyway.
I want to replace all the exterior door locksets and deadbolts.
I've read a few "reviews" on some but what say you all?
I don't want to spend a fortune but like most of my purchases, I'll
spend whatever it takes to assure reasonable security. ("bumpproof",
pick resistant, etc)
Any recommendations?

Max

No specific recommendations, but you may want to watch out for a feature
called "Easy Out" or "Call the locksmith (again)." The interior handle
turns freely to open the door, but doesn't release the lock or give any
indication the door was locked. As soon as you shut the door, you're
locked out.

Locks seem to be one of those things that once you hit a certain price
point you stop paying for quality and start paying for style. (And you
may not get the same quality for a higher style lock.)

Puckdropper