Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default What?

On 4/30/2010 2:12 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Winston wrote:
I don't know anything about this stuff.
Does any of this make sense?

Your translation is very understandable - I commend you for your
perseverance. As to whether it means the same as was written, I dunno.

I was half - jesting with my 'translation'.
I am ~92% certain that my 'translation' has little to do with the
source material.

And as to whether it is reasonable, I have my doubts. The conventional
wisdom is that single phase motors can only be run within small
variations of their natural speed.

Yes, I imagine the heat build up from pushing "almost DC" through
an induction motor would be very significant, especially with
the restricted air flow inherent in the lower speed.

If this device can do what your translation says, they have a
breakthrough product! I'm not going to be the one who buys & tries.

Hopefully someone who understands Technical Mandarin will translate
the original for us. I am very interested in the outcome.

--Winston