Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Having a home shop means...

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

While I wind up making parts for things at home -- including
things which I doubt that I could buy anyway. Especially, things which
I have designed to fill a need, such as the mast for the new weather
station's sensors.

The sensors are battery powered, so I could use an insulating
support mast and not have to worry about lighting damage, but because of
the batteries, I will need access to them from time to time to change
cells. I don't particularly like climbing 24' in the air to reach the
housings -- especially in the kind of weather during which the cells are
likely to fail (cold, perhaps freezing rain, etc).

DoN,

Why not run a cable from the sensor down to a more convenient height and
forgo all of the business with the pulleys, rope and poles you describe?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.