Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Engineering software, sines and cosines

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 15:54:19 +0100, Chris Wilson
wrote:

My maths is appalling, I am sorry to say. Yesterday I wanted to work out
the X and Y axis movement on a milling machine to drill two holes opposite
one another skewed 45 degrees from the vertical at a known PCD . I had the
machine zeroed on the centre of the hole around which these drillings were
needed. Took me ages as I have forgotten most of my Trig and I couldn't
find a suitable calculator Is there any easy to use engineering software
for this sort of thing? It's at times like this a CNC machine seems
wonderful Ta!

Hey Chris,

Here's your guy !!

http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz/