Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Having a home shop means...

Ignoramus9191 wrote:

On 2010-04-30, Snag wrote:
Don Foreman wrote:

Last time I used my lathe: yesterday. Last time I used my mill: day
before yesterday. I will be doing a little welding tomorrow.

Only piece of equipment I fired up yesterday was my foundry ...

I used my mill, 1.5 HP bench grinder and the welder yesterday. I
welded two 5/16 clevis grab hooks to a steel plate to make a cheap
analog of McMaster item 9168T7. This is good for using one chain and
1) adjust its length and 2) make sure the chain does not slip in the
hook. I felt like welding and did not feel like spending $63 on the
McMaster hook.

However, this really is not a household product.

Sure it's a household product. I for one will not let the definition of
"household" be whittled down to nothing. Lifting and hauling equipment
has been a "household" item since back in the days when the "household"
largely provided for itself.