Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Royston Vasey Royston Vasey is offline

Default Engineering software, sines and cosines

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
My maths is appalling, I am sorry to say. Yesterday I wanted to work out
the X and Y axis movement on a milling machine to drill two holes opposite
one another skewed 45 degrees from the vertical at a known PCD . I had the
machine zeroed on the centre of the hole around which these drillings were
needed. Took me ages as I have forgotten most of my Trig and I couldn't
find a suitable calculator Is there any easy to use engineering
software
for this sort of thing? It's at times like this a CNC machine seems
wonderful Ta!

If I'm feeling real lazy or its toooo hard I sometimes use my mechanical cad
dwg package to work out distances etc.