Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aribert@c3net.net is offline

Default OT Document download services - scam?

Thanks for the information - I thought that an ISBN was unique to an
edition of a book - sort of like a fingerprint on a person.

That said. I received a message back from the book's seller that he
was out of town and refunding my money. I have sent him a followup
message asking when he might be back in town to resell/ship but I am
guessing that he decided that his price was too low and needed an
excuse to not sell it. Back to the search.

On Apr 29, 4:27*pm, Usual suspect wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:48:14 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
Thanks Kevin.
The one you linked to has a *different* ISBN number (same: title,
author, publisher & year published);

The Canadian publisher assigned the ISBN number.

ISBN numbers are to identify the printing batch of a book. There are
times when you will find several identical new copies of a book store
with different ISBN numbers and different prices.