Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Counter top

"Greg O" wrote
My question is the substrate. The last counter was made from laminate and
particle board substrate and the partical board got wet and of course,
expanded. I am wondering what material would be best for substrate,
something that could hold up to the ocasional saoking. I was thinging MDO
plywood, the stuff they make road signs out of,

That would be my choice.

second chice would be good old exterior grade plywood. someone recommended
green treated, but it is in a food prep area so that makes it a bad
choice.

Agree, I'd not use it.