Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_30_] Mark[_30_] is offline

Default Cat spraying - how to deter?

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 01:38:52 -0700 (PDT), Toom Tabard
wrote:

On 29 Apr, 20:00, Simon C. . wrote:
I normally like cats but this one is trying my patience! Scabby feral
tom cat is spraying right next to our side door. A mixture of bleach
and bio washing powder shifts the smell OK ish, but it just seems to
encourage it to re-mark its 'territory'. Any way to deter?

TIA.

As well as lion ****, garden shops also sell large containers of
pepper dust - one of the items mentioned in the diyfaq. Try spreading
that around regularly (assuming you don't have your own dog/pets which
use the garden). And strictly, according to the law ands as explained
on the tin, its use has to be confined to your own private property.

Anything like this is only going to last a short time. A day or two
at most.

If you can catch the cat then scaring it out of its skin is the only
long term solution IME.

Trouble is you get rid of one cat an another will appear in its place.
--
(\__/) M.