Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Greg O[_2_] Greg O[_2_] is offline

Default Fencing Materials

"John" wrote in message

So, I'm looking between Pressure Treated and Cedar.

When I bought my home the previous owner had put in a cedar fence. The posts
rotted off in ten years, and the pickets were darned near like stryofoam
they were so dry. I replaced it with green treated, ten years now, and it is
as solid as the day I put it in. I have not touched it as far as
maintainance, no sealer, stain, nothing. It gradually faded to a nice grey
color.
As for fence materials, I would put in pretty much anything, EXCEPT cedar!
Greg