Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Shop size advise needed

I have a large shop and want to subdivide a section dedicated to
woodworking.

The shop already has separately framed area that is 24ft. x 11ft. I have a
chance to extend this 11 foot width for an additional 12 feet. Total would
be 36 feet by 11 feet.

Question!!

Is 11 feet width adequate. If needed the addition could be broadened to 13
feet wide by 12 feet long.
To recap, final size could be 36 feet long, with the last 12 feet of width
being 13 feet wide instead of 11 feet wide.

Is the extra two feet worth it or needed? Can you do a decent layout within
11 feet?

All comments greatly appreciated. Would like to start framing within a
week.

The bonus in all of this is that whatever I add on creates extra 'mezzanine'
storage on top. Also a great place for the shop cat.

Ivan Vegvary