Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default Having a home shop means...

On Apr 28, 10:22*pm, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:
I can make or repair most anything when and where I choose. *I don't have to
wait for a service truck to come and charge 4x what I can charge anyone else.

I have a contract with one insurance company to fix/replace stuff in the house.
A number of times I have used my tools and shown the repair person how to
fix the problem. *I save deductible on next calls when the 'factory' fix
just replaces a module but not the harness.

Martin

steamer wrote:
* *--I could file and polish the dings off of the spoons, forks, etc
that went into the garbage disposer.- Hide quoted text -

I probably couldn’t justify what I’ve spent on tools and workshop
equipment. Most of the benefit that I get from it is non-monetary –
good for my mental health. I like solving problems and get
satisfaction by fixing things with the tools that I have. Maybe it’s
saved me money by keeping me from seeing a shrink.