Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:

I don't use the anti-seize on my son's car because cars are appliances to
him (and, apparently, to most of his generation). If I told him to check
the
wheel nuts he'd look at me like I was crazy.

Frankly, I would disown any relative / offspring that had that kind of
disposable mentality.

I expect him to support me in my old age. He's on track for that so far. g

It's a tough adjustment for us old guys, but thinking hard about it, I have
to agree -- cars *are* appliances. I love them and get involved with them,
but it's just a carryover of a time gone by, when I was his age.

And we fix things because we like to. Only sometimes does it make any real
sense. Sometimes we feel smart about it, but most of the time we do it in a
really dumb way, if you're talking about dollars and cents. Just read this
thread and most of the others here on the same general subject. We're here
because we have than mindset, not because we're smart about it. We get our
satisfactions in ways that only make sense on our own terms, not on any
objective ones.

So we drag that baggage along with us, too. He has other things on his mind.
A lot of them are 'way over my head.

--
Ed Huntress