Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Do you use 3/4 inch drive sockets for light home use purposes

Ignoramus11457 wrote:

Just trying to see if anyone ever really needed 3/4 drive sockets
(impact and not), for light home use. Nothing bigger than a pickup or a
15 HP compressor or a small CNC mill like Bridgeport Series II type
stuff.

There are a surprising number of people that have owned backhoes. Why? Well when they
got the bids for grade work, septic systems, ect they figured owning a hoe they got a deal
on might be a money saver.

Are you planning on moving to some acreage and building your new home in the future? If
so and you plan to build it yourself, I have a feeling you might end up with a backhoe.

My brother built a timber frame home on some challenging terrain. The hoe he bought was
free to use even after repairs considering how it allowed him to do things he would have
had to hire out.

Wes