Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Man Steals Electricity With Meat Hook

harry wrote:
On Apr 28, 12:02?pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
This seems unlikely. ?I would like to hear more details.

http://abcnews.go.com/WaterCooler/wireStory?id=10489334

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police are investigating a man for theft
after he siphoned electricity off a high-voltage overhead
transmission line for one month with the help of an ordinary meat
hook, authorities said on Tuesday.

[...]

Sure. I used to work for a company that did meter inventories for
Rural Electric Cooperatives.

About once a year they'd find somebody who had tapped into the
primaries and fed his own transformer (probably stolen).

More often, they'd find meters upside down (they run backwards) and
meters bypassed altogether.

There's no-one taps into HV without switching off the supply without
killing themselves. Just how do they switch off the supply?

Sure you can.