Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Looks similar search engine?

In article , Adrian C wrote:
On 29/04/2010 12:05, N_Cook wrote:
Where you can upload a pic of a mystery item somewhere, direct a search
engine to it , analyses it and finds similar. ?
I have a no name web cam I would like to find a driver

That's easy (unless some rules have been broken).

Google 'usb device id list' and ask your operating system what device id
it sees.

for and also a few
hundred, no context silver-plated brass widgets , no name /number etc also,
I'd like to identify

That is a bit harder, needs human eyes. Can you post a picture on
somewhere like photobucket?

Search engines do not analyse pictures. You do need to up load pictures and have experts analyse,
like a forum for silver plated brass widgets. You show them where to find pictures.

By the way, Yahoo still favors using Flicker for their image library, but
have greatly improved their image library. I have also noticed they are better
than Google at indexing many websites, and like always, you have to use different
search engines to find the info you are looking for.

greg