Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Man Steals Electricity With Meat Hook

On Apr 28, 7:02*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Metspitzer wrote:
This seems unlikely. *I would like to hear more details.

http://abcnews.go.com/WaterCooler/wireStory?id=10489334

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police are investigating a man for theft
after he siphoned electricity off a high-voltage overhead transmission
line for one month with the help of an ordinary meat hook, authorities
said on Tuesday.

[...]

Sure. I used to work for a company that did meter inventories for Rural
Electric Cooperatives.

About once a year they'd find somebody who had tapped into the primaries and
fed his own transformer (probably stolen).

More often, they'd find meters upside down (they run backwards) and meters
bypassed altogether.

Really, whenever the guys from Ga Power would do a power disconnect
they would pull the meter and put it back upside down and put a seal
on it until you wanted it hooked back up.

Jimmie