George M. Kazaka

Default Jet contractor's saw motor differences truth or bs? The rest of the story

This system was first started by Compaque Computers they were packing
systems for everybody and everybody was giving the 10% advertising crap,
thats when they would tell you it was not the same model,
I went to buy a DW about 10 years ago found a good Maytag for a decent price
at a an appliance store.
Was about to get it and then said to the wife lets go over to Circuit City
They say they are the lowest and carry this Brand.
Found what looked to be identical DW for about 50 bucks more and i nailed
the salesman and asked why the other store had it for 50 less.
SO he calles gets the model # and told me it was a differant model # Circuit
city was 0000-22 the other one was 0000 I asked what the F#$% was the
differance he showed me a small 1/4" wide trim accross the door that meant
diddle****.
He matched the price and then told me how they large retailers ask for these
provisions from the manufacture
Hey when the retailer slaps his checkbook on the table for large orders the
manufacture just says glad to comply sir not realizing they are whoring the
name of their own product after spening zillions advertising how good their
name is.
Keeps on Proving that money is power

"B a r r y B u r k e J r ." wrote
in message ...
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 05:55:19 GMT, Tim Carver
wrote:

I absolutely agree that there are no real differences in the actual
machines when the model numbers are the same.

However, I've noticed that the larger stores (Costco, Lowes, HD)
often get slightly different packaging of the same basic tools.

Right, with different manufacturers stock numbers, making price
matches impossible.

This is also done on gas grilles, appliances, lawn equipment, you name
it. G Take washing machine "A", add a "free" box of detergent,
and you now have a different package.

Barry