Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aasberry@aol.com is offline

Default WTB Wards Powermatic Lathe

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:30:19 -0500, RBnDFW
wrote:

Well, I had just bought a big (to me) Millrite mill and put it into an
already crowded shop. I realized that I used my Enco 10x24 most of the
time, and the Logan hardly at all. It was between the minilathe and the
Enco, and frankly the little Logan was much less rigid than the Enco. It
did not like hard cuts. The last thing I did was part off a 2" aluminum
rod. When it threw the motor pulley off I finally gave up and took it
over to the Enco to finish.
And I was also selling my mill drill - same thing, it was the rarely
used "between" machine now. I do the small work on the minimill, and now
I have the big Millrite.
So both Logan and Mill-drill are gone, and I have the cash to get a
bigger lathe. If I find a Logan Powermatic like I want, I'll sell the
Enco and be done for a while.
And by the way, I've decided I'll also need a Powermatic 1200 drill
press. Green of course.

When Rex says over crowded shop: picture a native hacking his way
through the jungle with a machete. Don't bump your head on the race
car hanging from the ceiling.