Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

In , zzzz wrote:
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:44:04 +0000 (UTC),
(Don Klipstein)
wrote:

In ,
zzzzzzzzzz
wrote:

SNIP to here

...and you were going to save $.05 per day.

I figure more like 30 cents per day for my apartment. In most houses,
the savings are more.

Your numbers before were $.35 vs. $.30.

I re-estimated hours per week for each lamp since I did not commit that
or my previous savings estimate figure to memory.

Even at $.30/day, that's half the cost of an unreadable newspaper;
trivial. At that "cost" there is no reason to put up with *ugly*.

SNIP from here

Except I don't find mine ugly at all. For one thing, CFLs come in a
variety of color temperatures. And various brands, wattage ranges,
general types, and tubing diameters have trends of slightly more purplish
or more greenish color. Because of this, I can get the color that I want.

And the spiral shape does not appear ugly to me. Anyway, the shape of
a spiral CFL is not visible in many fixtures. Where the bare spiral
tubing is visible, it is usually uncomfortably bright to spend much time
looking at anyway.

--
- Don Klipstein )