Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Man Steals Electricity With Meat Hook

On Apr 28, 11:11*am, Bill Gill wrote:
On 4/28/2010 6:02 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
This seems unlikely. *I would like to hear more details.

http://abcnews.go.com/WaterCooler/wireStory?id=10489334

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police are investigating a man for theft
after he siphoned electricity off a high-voltage overhead transmission
line for one month with the help of an ordinary meat hook, authorities
said on Tuesday.

[...]

Sure. I used to work for a company that did meter inventories for Rural
Electric Cooperatives.

About once a year they'd find somebody who had tapped into the primaries and
fed his own transformer (probably stolen).

More often, they'd find meters upside down (they run backwards) and meters
bypassed altogether.

I knew a man once who told us that he periodically went out and
reversed his meter. *I didn't ask him how he justified stealing.

Bill- Hide quoted text -

OK: Story about a man, (with my apologies to the canny and thrifty
race of Scots) who, in, say Glasgow, used to blow down the gas pipe
every night before going to bed. He must have had a bagpipe player's
lungs!

Eventully the man came from the gas company to read the meter. And was
very puzzled!

After reading the meter and doing some calculations and looking in his
billing book he scratched his head and announced;

"He didn't undersand it, but the gas compnay seemed to owe the
customer seven shillings and sixpence"!

The Apocrypha.