Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

On 4/27/2010 5:36 PM, wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:06 pm, wrote:

I know the facts. Most Americans work their whole lives and
have jack **** when they die. And here everybody thought you would get
ahead if you just worked hard. But nope, it only works that way for the
lucky ones. Welcome to reality.

Hawke

You still have not said where you get this 2% figure.

Have you looked at the retirement packages for police and other city
employees?

Dan

Actually, I've heard the 2% figure numerous times. But it's been in
different places and over the years. The last time I heard it was at a
real estate seminar I attended a few years ago by one of the real estate
gurus, Russ Whitney I think, but he has written several books on making
money on real estate and is a multimillionaire. He was touting the
benefits of buying homes to get ahead like he did. He mentioned the 2%
number.

Also remember that two good income earners like a policeman and a nurse
can have a good pension plan that keeps them in a good lifestyle after
retiring. But they don't usually have the million dollars worth of
assets needed to provide the income for a non government supplemented
retirement. What really tells you how much someone has is what they
leave when they die. If you want to know look into how many estates over
a million dollars are dispersed each year. It's not that big a number
and you have to have a few million if you really are taking good care of
yourself without any help. That's the reason why we have the social
safety net programs. Without them the country would be full of people
living below the poverty level.

Hawke