Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Replacement bolts for Baxi Genesis 80 secondary heat exchanger

dog-man wrote:
It's that time again when I need to think about removing the domestic
water heat exchanger and cleaning it out, as the hot water is
fluctuating from hot (ish) to cold wildly. This has been normal for
this bolier to do this periodically since we moved in.

Removal of the exchanger and a clean always does the trick.

I noticed last time that the 2 x bolts were tighter / stiffer than
usual. They creaked and groaned as I began to remove them.

I am now concerned that they may snap in situ when trying to undo
them.

If they should, does anyone know where I can get replacement bolts?

As far as I can see, they don't even come with a new heat exchanger
(237472). You get a set of new rubber seals, but no new bolts.

I am near Margate in East Kent.

I know someone who will know. He is the retired R&D director from the
Lancashire area. I will e mail your post in a few minutes and post back
to the group, his answer.

Dave