Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 gal pancake compressor

I tried to use the compressor and a side-handle air wrench
last week, while changing fluid on my van. 16 bolt
transmission pan. After several minutes of compressor run, I
had enough air to use the air tool for a couple seconds. I
ended up using a hand operated ratchet wrench for most of
the job. I shoulda not been so surpised, that a 3 gal tank
is so feeble, in the face of a ratchet wrench.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

He's indicating that he is trying to power continuous air
tools with it,
something it is not designed to do. A couple seconds of
operation would
be for something like an air die grinder or drill, something
that no
"pancake" compressor is intended to power.