Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default tweezers?

"Karl Townsend" on Mon, 26 Apr 2010
05:51:25 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"William Wixon" wrote in message
what's the consensus on the best (sliver removing) tweezers?

I'm surprised nobody mentioned dial calipers. They work and are always near
by. I use for those steel chip splinters.

I was going to wait and see.

I never could find a pair of tweezers which would actually get the
little fine slivers. Was bitching about it at work and one of the
guys say "Use your calipers- they've got a flat surface." "Well,
duh!" says I.

Of course a shop towel and electrical tape is a bandage.

If it gets that big, I will get the medical kit out. Otherwise, I
keep a roll of the micropore paper tape. Tape it shut and back to
work.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!