Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 gal pancake compressor

"Pete C." fired this volley in news:4bd78c80$0
:

but for occasional home use, the larger
HF unit would probably be fine.

Pete, did you miss the part where Stormy was complaining that it _didn't_
meet his "occasional home use" needs?

C'mon. I've been given a few burnt-out chinese compressors. Their "5-
hp" motors are barely 1/2HP, equipped with motors the size of my fist,
designed to last a few weeks past warrantee, then blow up.

If not for anything else, the repairability of the better-named units is
what I'd go after. If I have to buy a new compressor every two years,
what's the diff if I just spring for the 5-year replacement price, and it
lasts 15?

LLoyd