Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 gal pancake compressor

I got a 3 gal compressor from HF, and it's OK for airing up
tires. Or inflating basketballs. As to air tools, it only
powers the tools for a couple seconds, and then the recovery
time is a bit long.

Been considering rig up a manifold, so I can also inflate a
5 gal expansion tank, which I got years ago. That way, I can
run the pressure up for a longer time, before I really get
down and start wrenching. I'd love to have a 40 gal water
heater for expansion tank, but no place to put one.

Wonder if the extra 5 gals of expansion will make a serious
difference in the ability to do car repairs.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus