Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default looking to buy metal lathe price questions

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:55:26 -0500, RBnDFW wrote:

Bill Noble wrote:
yes it is - just as you say, except that I removed the original drum
switch and put a digital RPM display in its place - part of it is
visible in the "hobby/tools" section of my web page, www.wbnoble.com.

Dang, I hate you! G
I looked on your website and did not see a lathe. Just an Abene mill and
a drill press

Nice enough lathe for my purposes but I can see a lack of rigidity under
really heavy cuts. I wouldn't mind having a clausing with an L00
spindle instead....

I'd be more likely to find a Clausing down here.
Maybe we'll trade at some point

You do know that catruckman AT aol.com is bursting at the seams with
lathes and mills at the moment, are you not?

Costa Mesa California.

Since machine shops in California are going tits up at record
rates...lots and lots and lots of machines are available

Gunner

I'll drop him a note. I bet he'd ship

THanks

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Bill Noble wrote:

For what it's worth, I paid $1200 for my Logan/Powermatic (12X48)
with a couple of chucks and not much else, I added a VFD to drive it
and it is serving me well - that lathe came from near Ventura
Man, I'd like to find one like that to go with my Powermatic mill.
Is it bright green? White Racing stripe?