George

Default What is "AC fir plywood"?

Grades of the faces. A is clean, C may or may not be plugged. Fir is the
wood peeled. Size 4x8.
http://www.awi-wa.com/_hidden/T_APA%...%20GRADING.htm

"PC Gameplayer" wrote in message
om...
Happy holidays to all...

I was looking through American Woodworker #105 (Jan. issue) last night
and I've pretty much decided to build their "Dream Bench". One stupid
question has me stumped, though...

The plans specify 4 sheets of "AC fir plywood" and 1 sheet of birch
plywood. The thing is, I don't know what AC fir plywood is. They
unfortunately don't give the dimensions of the uncut sheets, but they
do show a cut diagram. The fir plywood looks smaller than the birch
ply sheet, but I don't know the dimensions...I just kind of assumed
all plywood came in 48X96 sheets.