Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default looking to buy metal lathe price questions

Bill Noble wrote:
yes it is - just as you say, except that I removed the original drum
switch and put a digital RPM display in its place - part of it is
visible in the "hobby/tools" section of my web page, www.wbnoble.com.

Dang, I hate you! G
I looked on your website and did not see a lathe. Just an Abene mill and
a drill press

Nice enough lathe for my purposes but I can see a lack of rigidity under
really heavy cuts. I wouldn't mind having a clausing with an L00
spindle instead....

I'd be more likely to find a Clausing down here.
Maybe we'll trade at some point

"RBnDFW" wrote in message
Bill Noble wrote:

For what it's worth, I paid $1200 for my Logan/Powermatic (12X48)
with a couple of chucks and not much else, I added a VFD to drive it
and it is serving me well - that lathe came from near Ventura

Man, I'd like to find one like that to go with my Powermatic mill.
Is it bright green? White Racing stripe?