Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default THIS! iS! ALABAMA!

Don Klipstein wrote:

What if the reason Texas has above-average % of budget being spent on
incarcerations because their budget has below-national-average
spending on excesses, waste, and pork?

However, I might want to look into whether Texas could make a move
towards drug treatment programs, methadone, or the like.

Because drug treatment programs are, in the main, feel-good endeavors.

There are two federal drug treatment prisons. The BEST results they've ever
obtained - graduates being drug-free after one year - is a piddly six
percent.

Conversely, a significant percentage of Viet Nam veterans returned from Asia
addicted to Heroin. Virtually all kicked the habit on their own.

Druggies are druggies.

One more thing: It appears to me that USA is worst-in-the-world with
drug laws. I think USA needs to move to one of two extremes:

1. Have drug laws like those that Germany had in the late 1970's
according to my highschool German teacher. Get caught with half a
joint, spend 2 years in "the joint".

2. Have recreational drug laws like those that USA had in 1900. Back
then, marijuana, cocaine and opiates were legal.

Turkey has some pretty good drug laws...