Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Another Senator "Outed"

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

wrote in message
On Apr 26, 8:57 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

The rumor has been passed around for years, by everyone who opposes
him
on
any political issue.

ad hominem, a sure sign one's opponents are Winchester.

You'd better look up "ad hominem," Wes, and think about it hard. The
assumed
meaning has gone beyond cockeyed on this NG, and you apparently are
buying
it.

I learned the definition as 'against the man'. Maybe I have
misremembered, that is quite
possible. Anyway, when a man's ideas are demeaned by some side track
like
sexual
preference, I believe the argument is weak on the way to lost.

Now I'm not clear on who you are claiming to be using an ad hominem
argument. I thought you were referring to me. My assertion is not ad
hominem.

--
Ed Huntress

Wes was saying that those that oppose Graham on any political issue
and passed around the rumor that Graham is gay, are using ad hominem
tactics. If you can not argue against the ideas, then dismiss the man
as gay.

Dan

My mistake. I must be getting paranoid. d8-)

But 'they' are out to get you

Wes is quite right.

Can I frame that?

As you wish. d8-)