Posted to rec.woodworking
DougVL DougVL is offline

Default Single-Source supplier for Wood/Metal working tools? Your recommendation?

" wrote in
:

I need to quickly put together an order for about $10K or so of basic
woodworking and metalworking machinery and smaller stuff, for a
Community Workshop starting at a University.

I know of goodold Harbor Freight, and Grizzly.. from Home in Vermont.
But is there another solid but not-too-much-more expensive supplier
that you would recommend??

I need a single supplier because of the paperwork jungle (I'm in the
Middle East)...

And, if anyone has a list for starting up a small but decent shop, I'd
appreciate if you'd send/share it..

I hate these Fire Drills, but I want people (and me) to have some
decent tools to use next (school) year. And I just got asked to make
a list, which is a lot better than some guys in Purchasing winging
it....

Your opinions would be appreciated!

Regards, Terry King ..On the Red Sea at KAUST.edu.sa

Newsletter:
http://redseanews.info Community Information:
http://kcomm.info

I'd recommend Enco as a possibility.

Their website is http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRHM

and the title of the page is:

Enco - Guaranteed Lowest Prices on Machinery, Tools and Shop Supplies

They have a great catalog you can request, too.

Also, they are (now) owned by MSC Industrial, which has an absolutely HUGE
catalog.
Try http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm

Good luck! And have fun shopping - I always do.

Doug