Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default riding mower blower

spaco wrote:

There are also old Cub Cadets out there. He might run across one of
them. If he does, and I assume he'd need a snoblower to go with it, he
shouldn't get one that has less than 10 hp. I'd suggest 12 hp. And,
I's suggest he get on with a hydrostatic transmission. If he does run
into a "deal" on a standard transmission model, it needs to have the
"creeper gear" or it'l never go slow enough over the ground in heavy
snow. He'll also need wheel weights for the snow.

I don't want to get in to an argument about brands, but I'd vote for
shaft drive to the wheels.

Whatever you (he) does, don't buy a pig in a poke. SEE it run and push
it hard before you buy. Parts are expensive.

My page on old Cubs:

http://www.spaco.org/cub.htm

Be especially careful with used riders with hydrostatic transmissions.
Manual transmissions last decades with little attention, but inattention
to maintenance can kill a hydrostat really quickly.