Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Visible Warning Device

Jim Wilkins wrote in
:

On Apr 25, 8:35*pm, Doug White wrote:
I can easily make a small block (~ 3/4" cube) with a notch cut in it
that will hold the knob up high enough to miss the switch. *However,
I'd lik

to make it highly visible as a reminder to remove it before use. *...
Doug White

Wander through the Dollar Store and look at the tools and the handles
of kitchen wares etc. I've found a lot of cheap brightly colored tools
in such places, to stock the tool kits in vehicles and in the shed out
back in the woods.

Thanks to all for the many suggestions! I think this one is the winner.
I probably have (and can certainly find cheap) a battered screw driver
with a bright yellow/orange/red handle. I can cut a length out & machine
it to fit around the middle bit on the alarm. I may even have some
plastic handle stock in yellow already, except it's a wimpy clear yellow
like Stanley screwdrivers.

Doug White