Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Injection molding photos

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
Is this a commercial tribo-melt machine, or a "drill press" type home
injector?

--I'd put it somewhere in the middle. It's probably the absolute
minimum setup one might consider for limited production. I'm doing prototype
stuff for 'proof-of-concept' so I'm forever tinkering with the dies and I'm
in no particular hurry.
--I would definitely NOT want to do production with this beastie as the
throughput is probably around 10 parts/hr at full gallop, due to very small
size of melt volume, purely hands-on separation of mold halves and parts
from same, etc.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Come see my stuff
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : at Maker Faire!!