Chris Corbett

Default buying a dust collector

I second the opinion on the Jet 1200 cartridge. It sucks great. It is
quiet enough. I don't see any dust escaping. No cloth bags to beat causing
dust to fly everywhere. And it's easy to empty. With a Lee Valley garbage
can cyclone, it's even easier to get the dust out to the curb.
--
Chris Corbett

San Antonio, TX

Remove the nospam from the email address.

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
link.net...
I have a jet DC1200 with cartridge filter. I elected to go this route
rather than the much more expensive cyclone. Its put together very well.

opted for 2 hp as a safety factor, knowing it would probably be overkill.
Its always better to have a little too much instead of coming up short in
this area, as far as I am concerned. Of course, I already had 220volt

which
made decision much easier. I didn't see any comparison between Jet and
Delta, because of the cannister filter option.

As an experiment, I initially hooked it up with 6" metal flex hose to a
homemade 6" duct on my table saw, then compared it to a 4" connection.

Holy
Cow what a difference that made. With the 6" hose, it allowed the blower

move into its optimum operating region and it was a virtual hurricane. It
also brought out dust leaks all over the place.

By the way, my expectations were set correctly by reading a lot before
making this purchase. Unless your tools are set up correctly for dust
collection, any brand/size collector is not going to do much. I bought

the
collector, fully expecting to have to enhance/modify the dust collection

on
any tool I connected. I'm in the process of attacking the blade guard
collection on my Jet table saw.

Bob

"Loves Wood" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm in the market for a dust collection system for my garage/workshop.

have done some comparative shopping, and I have narrowed it down to

either
Delta or Jet. I'm leaning more towards Jet's, but I just don't know.

If
you have either of these brands, please reply back and let me know what

you
think about it. I just don't trust the reviews on Amazon!

Thanks