Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default LCD TV height

On Apr 20, 1:16*pm, "desgnr" wrote:
How high should i mount a 42 " LCD on the wall to view comfortabily from a
sofa ?

--
Dell Inspiron
Pentium dual-core 2.2 GHz

You should mount it high enough to view comfortabily (sic) from a
sofa.

Before we mounted our 42" on the wall, I made a temporary adjustable
stand and tried various heights before settling on a height that was
comfortable for various viewing positions - sitting in the recliner,
reclining in the recliner, sitting on the sofa, reclining on the sofa,
etc.

We also determined that we needed a mount that swiveled horizontally
so we could angle the TV for people sitting at the far end of one of
the sofas.

BTW the 42" decision was made after measuring the various viewing
distances from the various pieces of furniture and looking up the
recommendations for those distances. You want to choose the biggest TV
possible for your average viewing distance. Too small is a waste and
too big may result in reduced quality.

IMHO, too big is a much bigger mistake than too small.

P.S. Buy your mount (and cables) from monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...09&cp_id=10828