Ram

Default Workmate WM425 vertical clamp truly vertical?

I bought a WM425 and have a question about the vertical clamping. I
find that once I pull the lever and make the bottom plank vertical,
there is a small horizontal "play" in the panel and it does not stay
rigidly vertical. (It tilts backwards slightly by 1/8 inch at the top
of the panel.) Therefore when I clamp something, the vertical panel
tilts backwards slightly and is not truly vertical. Is this a
"standard" feature or does it look like a defect I need to get fixed?
thanks - Ram.